A revolutionary, expandable 3D printable resin designed for foam part production.
● FreeFoam is a new family of resins containing heat-activated foaming agents that are printed with Digital Light Processing. After printing, parts are put into an oven where the agent creates closed cells inside the material during a controlled process
● This material can be programmed to expand a specific amount (2 to 7 times) allowing FreeFoam parts to be shipped in compact form and expanded in an oven close to the final point of assembly, reducing shipping costs.
● True foam that can be printed in a lattice – delivering benefits for automotive, footwear, sporting goods, furnishing, & health care
● Eliminates expensive tooling and associated waste with standard foam production, enables design freedom and delivers high strength-to-weight ratio
● Produces high-performing lightweight parts with a wide range of Shore hardness
● 3D printable exclusively on the ETEC Xtreme 8K top-down DLP system from Desktop Metal’s polymer 3D printing brand (for initial release)